Lesson 2: We Must Give More Earnest Heed...
A) Giving More Earnest Heed & Attention To What We’ve Heard (Heb 2:1-4)
1) I must give earnest heed to the present word of God because History teaches me that it cannot be changed,
and those who disregarded His word were punished. I will pay closer attention to God message because…
a) Our salvation is ___________________________________________________________ (Rom 13:11).
b) Its authenticity has been confirmed by __________________________________________ (Heb 2:3-4).
2) I am ready to become more committed and vigilant in my obedience to God’s Word because...
c) _________________________________________________________________ (Joshua 21:45; 23:14).
d) ______________________________________________________________________ (Isaiah 55:10-11).
e) ________________________________________________________________________ (Rom 14:12).
f) __________________________________________________________________________ (Deut 32:35).
B) Jesus Rightly Deserves My Allegiance & Submission To Him & His Will (Heb 2:5-13)
1) God has given all things to be in subjection to His Son’s rule. Since God has absolute trust in Jesus,
I will strive to:
a) _________________________________________________________________________ (Prov 3:5).
b) __________________________________________________________________________ (Rom 13:1-7).
2) Jesus willingly allowed Himself to Suffer in order to make me a genuine child of glory! He is not
ashamed to call me His brother/ sister! Therefore I will work on putting it in my heart to be ready to
__________________________________________________________________________ (Eph 5:20).
C) Jesus Is The Greatest Savior & Hope Of All Time! (Heb 2:14-18).
1) Jesus is the greatest hope of all human history because:
a) He was willing to take on man’s greatest enemy—the devil. Because of this, God will soon:
b) He conquered death. Therefore I don’t have to fear death anymore, nor:
_________________________________________________________________________ (1 Thes 4:13).
c) He is s the ultimate sympathizer and empathizer! He was tempted/ tested like a human. And He is ready to
come to my aid when I am ______________________________________________________ (Heb 2:18).
Lesson 3: "Do Not Harden Your Hearts..."
A) Jesus, A Superior Leader (Heb 3:1-6)
1) I consider it a sincere privilege to have Jesus as the leader of my life. He is my great High Priest and apostle.
Many leaders were called and sent out by God, but Jesus ________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________ (John 8:42).
2) Moses was indeed a great servant for God. But in reality, he was serving Jesus Christ, the Son of God. In fact,
Moses wrote about Jesus, and said ___________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________ (Jn 5: 46-47; Deut 18:15-19).
3) All the prophets from ______________________________________________________________________
spoke about the superiority of Jesus and my duty to follow Him (Acts 3:22-24).
4) Because I make up Jesus’s spiritual household, I recognize that I must _______________________________
____________________________________________________________ (Heb 3:6).
B) Consider Your Heart (Heb 3:7-13).
1) I will make certain that my heart remains pure. My heart will keep steadfast obedience to God.
I’ll be sure not to:
a) Heb 3:8 _______________________________________________________________________________.
b) Heb 3:9 _______________________________________________________________________________.
c) I will make certain not to ________________________________________________________ (Heb 3:10a).
d) I will make certain to know ______________________________________________________ (Heb 3:10b).
e) I will help others avoid becoming hardened in their hearts, from the deceitfulness of sin, I will make sure to
C) Avoid Israel’s Folly (Heb 3:14-19).
1) To maintain spiritual fellowship with Jesus, I understand that I must (Heb 3:14).
2) God delivered Israel from Egyptian captivity with great signs and miracles. But Israel’s greatest mistake was
that deep in in their hearts, they _____________________________________________________ (Heb 3:19).
Lesson 4: Let Us Fear
A) A Rest Remains For God’s People (4:1-11).
1) I am encouraged, that in spite of my past failures—God remains merciful enough to provide me with an
opportunity to enter into His eternal rest. I will do my best to enter by
a) Learning to _________________________________________________ (Heb 4:1; Jos 24:14; Eccl 8:12).
b) Allowing God’s word to _________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________ (Heb 4:2; Jms 1:21) I will listen to God’s word and
then I will ________________________________________________________(Matt 7:24; Jms 1:22, 25).
c) Being ________________________________________________________ (Heb 4:11; 2 Pet 2:10; 3:14).
B) The Power Of God’s Word (4:12-13).
1) God’s word is truly powerful! I must accept it __________________________________________________
and let it ___________________________________________________________________ (1 Thes 2:13).
2) I understand that I cannot hide from God (Jer 23:24; Heb 4:13). He knows everything there is to know about
me and one day I will stand before Him and give an account (Rom 14:10-12). Until that time comes, I will…
a) __________________________________________________________________________ (2 Cor 7:1).
b) ________________________________________________________________________ (James 2:12).
c) __________________________________________________________________________ (2 Tim 4:7).
C) Jesus Provides A Greater Confidence (4:14-16).
1) My Lord Jesus gives me a greater confidence in my faith, because He is my great High Priest—who has
passed through the heavens (Heb 4:14). He passed through the heavens in order to
a) __________________________________________________________________________ (Eph 4:10).
b) ___________________________________________________________________________ (Heb 8:1).
c) __________________________________________________________________________ (Heb 9:24).
2) I am so thankful to have a King and Lord who can sympathize with what I have to deal with in life, and who
has a vast array of powerful resources to aid me and protect my heavenly inheritance (1 Pet 1:4-5).
Therefore when I will approach His throne of Grace, with ____________________________ (Heb 4:15-16).
Because I know I will find help there, when I have needs.