Key Lessons From The Lord
Nicodemus Comes To Jesus
1) Was a ruler of the Jews. (A Pharisee and member of the Sanhedrin Council (Jn 3:1; Jn 7:32, 45-52).
2) He came in truth, seeking heavenly knowledge (Jn 3:2).
3) He acknowledge God's presence and work in Jesus (Jn 3:2).
A Discussion of God's Kingdom
1) The Kingdom (Dan 2: Jn 6:11-15; Jn 18:33-36; Col 1:12-14).
2) What is necessary in order to "see" the kingdom of God?
a) One must be spiritually reborn.
3) What is necessary in order to "enter" the kingdom of God
a) One must be born of water and the Spirit.
The Kingdom & Rebirth
1) Cannot be a physical rebirth (Jn 3:4-5).
2) Why not a physical rebirth? (Jn 3:6; Jn 1:11-13; Gal 6:7-8; 1 Pt 4:1-2).
The Spiritual Rebirth
1) The phrase "Born Again" in the Greek can mean several different things--depending on the context.
a) From above.
b) From the first.
d) From the beginning.
A) A spiritual death must take place to be spiritually reborn (Read Romans 6).
2) "Born of Water" Denoting origin (the point whence motion or action proceeds). Hence, the rebirth begins in the
water (see Romans 6:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:17).
3) "Born of the Spirit"- the Greek is very general "wind or breath" By analogy or figuratively...
a) The soul of man.
b) One's disposition.
c) An angel.
What Being Reborn Is Not
Nowhere in the Bible will you find the concept of rebirth described only as some special circumstance that occurs in one's life, whereby a person simply decides to invite or allow Jesus into their hearts, or lives.
What Else Does Scripture Say?
1) Jn 3:1-7.
2) 1 Pt 1:1-3.
3) 1 Pt 1:22-25.
4) 1 Pt 2:1-2.
Practical Fruits Of Rebirth
To be practically reborn as a redeemed sinner, is to begin life anew in relation to God's will-- God's manner of thinking, feeling, and acting. It involves undergoing a fundamental and permanent revolution. Consider:
1) 1 Jn 2:29.
2) 1 Jn 3:9; 1 Jn 5:18.
3) 1 Jn 4:7.
4) 1 Jn 5:1.
5) 1 Jn 5:4.
6) Rom 12:1-21.